Children around the world are at home and many parents are looking for ways to keep them entertained. When I was a child I loved when I could help in the kitchen doing something that did not involve knives or fire. The simple fact of helping was exciting to me so this recipe is mainly thought for the children of the house, first because they are going to love the ingredientes and second because it is 100% safe in all its steps since it does not involve the use of the oven nor knives.
It’s important to highlight that although they are delicious, they are very healthy because they’re loaded with a lot of protein which helps us recharge energy (so that parents can endure those long days full of tasks) and for the little ones it can serve as a reward when finishing their chores or school homework. You will see that everyone at home will love these energy balls full of flavor. So let’s get to work!
What you’ll need for 15 balls:
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together and mix them. Then cover them and place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. After 30 minutes have passed, take out the mixture and start making balls with your hands. This is my niece’s favorite part!
3. Once all the balls are made you can store them in a closed container and place them in the freezer for 15 minutes before eating and enjoy!!
Note: Once they’re frozen I like to store them in a ziplock bag for easier access before a workout or as a healthy snack during the day. Please write me and tell me if you tried the recipe and how did you like it.