It’s not a surprise that “staying home” can end up making us feel worse than if we were really sick that’s why here I will give you five suggestions and advice that will help you cope with it the best way possible.
First of all, I’d like to congratulate you for being among the obedient group that is home, helping to save the world in pijamas! (applause) Second of all, I’d like to ask you to please share this post if you find it helpful.
1. Have you ever heard that “there’s more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.” Let me tell you these words are very true! So, think of a talent you have….. do you like to paint, draw, sing, play an instrument or speak a second language? We all have something we love to do and are good at. Once you identify what your talent is why don’t you offer classes, tutoring or free help online? It’s great! It will definitely get you off that sofa and help you start playing with your creativity. You can offer them to your friends and family members and ask them to spread the word. You can charge a very low price if you wish (remember that this pandemic has also affected everyone economically) . You could give these classes individually or in groups. You can teach through Skype or Zoom. You will feel great helping others to improve in something you love to do, you will enjoy yourself and the hours won’t be so long and boring anymore sitting on that couch. Bring out that teacher in you!!
2. If you’re like me you’ve probably saved thousands of videos and links on recipes that are delicious but also a bit time consuming which is why you have never done them before. Therefore, now is the time to go back to them and make the most appetizing to you. Whether you record yourself in each step of the way or not, it will help you get off that couch and make the day go by faster and you will be trying an exquisite new dish…. don’t forget to share!
3. Did you make a goal at the beginning of the year to learn a new language or to learn how to play an instrument but you never started? Well now it’s May….what are you waiting for? This is your chance to do so!! Thank God we have technology available and since we are advised not to leave the house, there are many institutes like Instituto FEM or Guitarra Popular CR who give online Spanish and guitar classes at a very affordable price. Imagine having your own private teacher online…. just want you hoped for! Whether you get off the couch or not, at least you will be putting your mind to work and fulfilling your New Year’s resolutions. Your heart and mind will be grateful. Once this pandemic ends you will be an amazing bilingual musician.
4. If you’re like me you have at least one pet at home (we gave 5 in total). That loving furry ball (cat, dog, guinea pig, etc) also has to put its mind to work so why don’t you teach it some tricks like to sit, give you a paw, roll over or to simply obey you…. you just need lots of time and perseverance so this is the right time to do it. Once we can all reunite and spend time together again you and your best friend will be able to show off the tricks ….this is the best way to show your best friend off! (They will love the attention.)
5. Last but not least, continue your life as normal. In what way? Well, don’t allow all your conversations to evolve around the coronavirus topic. Don’t send or forward alarming messages. Call your friends and family and ask them “how’s your day?” And why not even give a word or two of support and encouragement. Why don’t you share these tips with them? Motivating others helps you to stay motivated and it will help us all to stay healthy in all aspects. Make plans for when the quarantine is over, let your mind see beyond what we’re going through now. There’s no doubt we’ll get through this, we just have to stay in quarantine for some time while still staying positive and motivated.
I hope these five tips work for you. Share with me what you’ve done and what you plan to do to continue enduring this quarantine the best way possible and remember….for your sake and sake of others, stay home!!